Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Au Bon Pain

I just got back from having lunch at Au Bon Pain. Once again it was a strange transition from being a patient to being at work. I saw Murry Sherman (chair of Neurobiology and also my neighbor) and Harriet de Wit, who is both a close collaborator and also a neighbor. Harriet and I had lunch and talked for a few minutes. It is a relief to be distracted for a little while. I feel bad that Stephanie doesn't have that opportunity.

I took a photo while at the cafe, but it didn't come out, so I'm showing you this image I grabbed from the web instead. It is apt because Au Bon Pain is FULL of doctors. About 6 months ago I was there when a woman had a seizure. About 20 people got up from dinner to help her and it took some time for them to establish who was in charge. So it is true, no one is likely to die at Au Bon Pain unless it is really their time to go.

I'm back in the room now, lots of commotion but really nothing happening. Getting up to go to the bathroom takes Stephanie 15 minutes with all the cords and wires. Now they are drawing some blood to look at electrolyte levels.

Stephanie continues to have contractions but they aren't that strong and done seem very regular or close together. So no real news in this post, just filler.

4 comments:

  1. But I have been dying for filler. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katarina from Stockholm, Sweden here. Just started my own blog and was looking out for ideas when I found your blog. Then while reading I realized your actually at the hospital right now waiting for your baby to be born. Good Luck and congratulations. I'll check in tomorrow to see if you are parents by then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katarina, thanks for the comment! Glad that Stephanie's birth is now drawing international attention. I'd be happy to link to your blog once it is up.

    ReplyDelete