Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our biggest problem is a grilled cheese sandwich

The title pretty much summarizes how the day is going. Contractions persist, but they are not progressing. Stephanie ordered dinner but what came was a chicken sandwich not the grilled cheese sandwich she asked for. She called back and they said they could send a grilled cheese sandwich, but not the rest of the dinner (which was getting cold), and not another drink, and it might take an hour. They were grumpy about it. I'm just going to walk down the hall to the cafeteria... Would we be treated the same way at another hospital? I don't think all of medicine should be run on a strict business model, but it does seem like this is the sort of little thing that chases away business but doesn't save the hospital much money.

Since I started typing this blog we talked to the nurse and she said she'd check to see if she could get stephanie's dinner replaced. She agreed that it sounded like the wrong way to treat a pregnant lady. So good for UofC. And good for us that this is the biggest challenge that we are facing.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Hospital Food service is exactly as bad as it is rumored to be. I'm surprised Stephanie got to order something, I think I was on the Maternity floor for a whole day before anyone asked what I might want to eat. Until then random food arrived, it was honestly 36 hours before I realized there was a menu with choices.

    Next time you go to Au Bon Pain you should just pick her up something, Abe!

    I am glad to hear that's your biggest problem right now. Tell Stephanie to hang in there. I hope your are freaking out at an appropriate level, Abe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Grilled cheese? I remember seeing apple juice two times. And not from food service.

    ReplyDelete