Thursday, February 19, 2009

Epidural in


I'm not sure how many of you are staying up all night to read my blog (hopefully none of you), but here is the news: In anticipation of the onset active labor (possibly still along way away) Stephanie got her epidural. No problems, and she is now strangely numb, it seems hard to describe what it is like. But not like being in pain, and she can't tell that she is having contractions. So hooary for epidurals! Now we are awaiting the pitocin, not sure when or if they will use that. Stephanie and I will try to get some rest.
A little bit of nausia but we expect it to pass.

7 comments:

  1. Abraham,
    I'm surprised that you doubt that we are all staying up all night with you. I'm trying to think of a joke about being strangely numb but I can't think of one.
    Love, Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning from Sweden, just checked in to see if your princess has arrived yet. I guess not. Get some rest, if possible. Say Hi to Stephanie from me.
    In the words od Arnold S "I'll be back"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't sleep so checking in. Glad to know things are progressing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie and I are sleeping on-and-off. Not much news, maybe 4 cm dialated. pitocin on, not much progress, but getting fitful sleep seems good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's called "comfortably numb" and some pink brit dudes did a song about it. P.s. the woman who had her baby in the triage had a baby before. I had a friend who nearly had hers in a NY cab because she thought her second experience might be like the first.

    But enough of this, what's the baby status??

    ReplyDelete
  6. abe, we'll do some sympathy pushing from australia! We're excited. We had good luck with Pitosin; hope it works for you guys.

    ReplyDelete