Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future

Stephanie is napping and nothing much is happening (still). She thought she felt some contractions earlier, but they must not be very strong yet because she can only sort of feel them.

In an earlier post I complained that I couldn't get into Stephanie's room, but that was resolved within 30 minutes. I've been here ever since. The room is nice, bigger than I would have expected with a very institutional but comfy couch for me to rest on. I can see my building form the window (see photo). Strange being so close to work physically but so far away mentally.

The weather in Chicago is about 40 degrees and raining. It might snow this evening, perhaps 1 inch. I'm not sure if I'll go home at some point today or hang around here the whole time. It is really slow but I think Stephanie doesn't want to be alone.

For those of you who are interested, we are in Labor and Delivery which is approximately above the emergency room. The room is 236. You should not try to visit because only one guest can be in the room at a time, and I'm the guest. Also, it would be a weird time for her to get visitors.

No news for now, really nothing at all. It is the proverbial calm before the storm. I'm glad I brought my computer.

Abraham

5 comments:

  1. Hey Abe! Tell Steph everyone in the lab is pulling for her! We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of parenthood for you both! Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the updates. It must be a good day to have a baby as friends of ours delivered a baby girl this morning here in CT. Best of luck - I'll keep an eye on your posts & look forward to the big news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll wave at you everytime I pass a window over here in Cummings. Thanks for the updates. Glad to hear the couch is comfy. Let me know if I can bring you anything

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for both of you. Love from the Geyer lab at large (Ginny in Eureka CA).

    ReplyDelete