Thursday, February 19, 2009

Good day, sun shine

No baby yet. Water intact. Maybe 4 cm last time she was checked. Sorry not to post for a few hours, but I was sleeping which felt pretty good. Stephanie is still sleeping, which I take to be good news as well. At about 1 am she got her epidural, and they started pitocin shortly thereafter. There is a monitor that shows contractions and they look good, but Stephanie can no longer feel them. As a measure of just how effective the epidural is, she has been asleep (hospital environment permitting) since about 2 am.
Her OB/GYN poked his head in at about 7 am, and we snuck out to the hall to avoid waking her up. He said he was satisfied with the situation and that he hoped that she would continue to progress today. If not, he might think about a c-section this evening, depending on how things looked.

It is clear, sunny and cold outside. I went to get some coffee this morning and again saw half a dozen people I know from work in the hallways. Thankfully, I'm not used to waking up in the hospital having slept in my cloths. But I don't think anyone I ran into could tell and I didn't feel like a long explanation -- let them read the blog if they really want to know the details.

I've enjoyed seeing people posting responses on the blog, I also know some of you have had problems, and I actually have run into problems that feel like bugs when posting replies as well. Anyhow, don't feel bad if you are unable to post, not a big deal.

4 comments:

  1. I walked in the front today and thought about jumping up and down to see if you guys could see me but figure you had stuff going on! Good thing the lab break room is behind the building so you can't see the slackers :)

    Glad you both got some "sleep".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some rest. Thank goodness for drugs. Better living through chemistry is one of my favorite mottos......legal drugs of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the screaming last night? that was my bad, sorry. i tried to steal candy from one of the newborns; surprisingly difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abe & Stephanie, This old uncle has been checking the Blog periodically. It is the first time I ever saw one. I didn't know what a blog was, and am not sure I do yet. When our daughter Abigail was born in Oct. 1965 in Fredericksburg, VA, Margery was the first mother to use the Lamaze Method there, and I was the first father to be in the labor and delivery room. I was hesitant at first, but afterwards couldn't imagine having had to wait outside and depend on reports from others about what was going on, which was the way things were done up to then.

    ReplyDelete